SATRA Quality Mark
Regulations and Application
The Quality Mark is available to members only and is applicable to all materials, components and finished performance products such as safety footwear and personal protective clothing and equipment.
Once the Quality Mark is awarded it can be displayed on the product, its packaging and any supporting information.
- Agree with SATRA, the performance values for your product. These are simply the required performance levels for each product in the important physical and chemical tests.
- Test the product to make sure that it meets the specification agreed in step one.
- Demonstrate that production is controlled to a suitable level. This is normally carried out through a visit to your premises to check your procedures and records.
- Produce user information and technical data sheets for the product.
- Agree with SATRA an ongoing testing programme to check that the product consistently meets the specification agreed in step one. If you have your own laboratory the testing can be carried out in-house.
- Following on from step five, if your own laboratory is used to carry out ongoing testing it will be checked against the requirements of the SATRA accreditation scheme.
Subject to all of the above steps being completed the Quality Mark will be issued.
Then each year :
- 25 per cent of the Quality Mark product range is selected for testing at SATRA to check the results against the specification.
- The operation of the in-house laboratory (if any) is checked.
- The results of the ongoing tests on the products are checked to make sure that they comply with the specification or where this is not the case, that suitable corrective action has been taken.
- The production control records are checked and logged by SATRA.
SATRA Quality Mark Application
I wish to apply for the SATRA Quality Mark for the following products and agree to abide by these regulations: