Fire safety requirements for seating, upholstery and beds
Thursday 14th December 2017
YOU ARE VIEWING AN EVENT THAT HAS ALREADY TAKEN PLACE
This seminar provides a full understanding of the Furniture and Furnishings (Fire) (Safety) Regulations. It is designed for anyone wishing to understand precisely what the requirements are for domestic sector furniture and the materials that are used in it; these include covers, interliners, foams and other fillings.
The seminar will be of benefit to materials suppliers, furniture manufacturers and retailers. New companies and recently appointed staff will find the seminar particularly beneficial in providing a solid grounding and an understanding of the Furniture and Furnishings (Fire) (Safety) Regulations. The seminar will feature the flammability requirements for both the domestic and contract markets, for both upholstery and bedding.
- A description of the necessary tests together with demonstrations
- An account of the requirements of the domestic Furniture Fire Safety Regulations
- Mattresses and the General Product Safety Regulations
- Description of contract furniture requirements
- Duties and responsibilities of persons in the supply chain (retailers, importers, manufacturers, etc.).