Last, Fitting and Comfort
Monday 29th May 2017 to Tuesday 30th May 2017
YOU ARE VIEWING AN EVENT THAT HAS ALREADY TAKEN PLACE
This event is available to SATRA members only
A two day technical workshop on footwear fitting. The workshop will be open to members only and attendees will receive an attendance certificate if required.
From the customers’ perspective, Fit and Comfort, are the most important factors influencing their buying decisions. If the manufacturer gets these essential requirements right it will reduce returns, lead to repeat sales and develop brand loyalty.
Fit and comfort are very subjective, depending on individuals’ foot shape and personal preferences, and thus difficult to measure. This workshop, however, will show how fitting properties can be assessed in practice and how different comfort attributes of footwear can be quantified in laboratory tests.
- Foot anatomy, shape and size
- UK, USA, Euro, Mondopoint shoe sizing systems
- How the foot functions in walking
- Fit and Last assessment
- Measuring comfort factors such as shock absorption, flexibility and sweat management
- Measuring whole shoe comfort
Repeated on both days
- 09:00 Registration
- 12.30 Lunch
- 16.30 Finish
The course is presented in English, and includes lunch.
- Location: Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
- Email: Liam Donnelly
- Phone: +86 (0) 769 22888020