Intensive leather course China
Thursday 24th August 2017 to Friday 25th August 2017
YOU ARE VIEWING AN EVENT THAT HAS ALREADY TAKEN PLACE
The course is aimed at manufacturers, sourcing companies and retailers of all types of footwear, leathergoods, gloving, garments, accessories and upholstery. It is ideal for newly appointed, as well as more experienced, technologists, designers and buyers.
Day 1: Understanding leathermaking:
- Raw Material Defects – a review of different damage that can be caused on the farm, in transport and at the slaughter house
- Hide and Skin Structures – concentrating on cattle, sheep, goats and pigs we will look at how their skins differ in structure and selection of the most appropriate raw material
- Leather Making – identifying the key process stages and the importance of them in regards to the properties of the final leather
- Leather Identification – we will look at the internationally recognised descriptions and definitions for different leather types (such as aniline, semi-aniline, pigmented, nubuck, suede etc) and leather related materials
Day 2: Selection and use of leather:
- Leather Grading – understanding the importance of reaching agreement on useability of leather between the tannery and the leather product manufacturer
- Introduction to Testing and Specifications – we will look at how these can be used to aid product development, routine quality assurance and help with problem solving
- Restricted Substance Testing and Legislation – globally there is legislation relating to restricted chemicals and many Brands also produce their own restricted substance lists
- Investigating Leather Problems – examples of typical customer complaints
SATRA staff will be available on both days for discussions and questions.
Each delegate will receive course material and a leather identification kit to take away.
- Location: Dongguan, China
- Email: Liam Donnelly
- Phone: +86 (0) 769 22888020