Candle Testing Seminar
Wednesday 20th February 2019
SATRA has a dedicated purpose-built candle testing laboratory accredited to ISO 17025 by UKAS, to test the safety of all types of candles and candle holders, measuring candle burn performance and sooting.
SATRA carries out tests to help manufacturers, suppliers and retailers demonstrate due diligence and assist with meeting the requirements of the General Product Safety Directive.
The fire safety tests have been designed to assess the safety of a candle when tested in accordance with the user’s instructions and assess burn time, burning performance, flame heights, wax usage, wax spillage, wick characteristics, advice on labelling and foreseeable use and misuse.
Why use SATRA?
SATRA provides fast and reliable results at a competitive price with no hidden charges. We include storage, disposal and reports with photographs of how the candle burns with a quick turnaround. Our expert technologists are able to give advice and comments on candle performance.
Candleholder tests on
• Temperature of holder during burning
• Thermal shock resistance
• Assessment of state of anneal of glassware
• Flammability of decorations
• Flare-up resistance of tea lights
• Provision for the collection of molten wax
To book your place, please use the booking form attached or email email@example.com.
- Explanation of candle standards
- BS EN 15426 Product safety labels
- BS EN 15493 Specification for fire safety
- BS EN 15494 Specification for Sooting behaviour
- Location: Kettering, UK
- Price: Members GBP 50 (plus VAT where applicable)
Non-members GBP 50 (plus VAT where applicable)
- Email: Donna Jawo
- Phone: +44 (0) 1536 410000
- Sector: PPE