SAFT UK Module 3: Testing
Tuesday 14th March 2017 to Wednesday 15th March 2017
YOU ARE VIEWING AN EVENT THAT HAS ALREADY TAKEN PLACE
This event is available to SATRA members only
The SAFT (SATRA Accredited Footwear Technologist) award is an internationally recognised qualification, and is clear evidence that you are a footwear technologist with a proven range of knowledge. You will receive the most comprehensive and up-to-date information in six key areas of footwear manufacture.
Each module is led by a SATRA specialist and covered in detail during two days’ intensive training including comprehensive documentation.
This module starts with a discussion on ‘what is testing?’ and ‘why is testing important?’ Also examined are the use of specifications, the importance of accurate and detailed test reports and the use of standard test methods and the correct test result units.
The next part of the module is an overview of the key tests which are carried out on footwear and materials.
• upper and lining materials, solings, footwear components and whole shoe tests
• a description of each test, including the equipment used, test piece preparation and the types of results which are produced
• comparisons of different methods for the same property, highlighting the advantages and disadvantages
• support for the methods under discussion, with examination of test pieces and, when training is on-site at SATRA’s premises, a tour of the laboratory.
SAFT course fees are inclusive of lunch and refreshments, and are quoted in British Pounds.
Single module cost: £850 (+VAT where applicable)
Three modules or more £790 (+VAT where applicable)
Modules 2,4 and 5 consist of two separate parts and so a delegate may attend only one of the days at a cost of £425 (or £395 if attending three or more modules)
- Location: Kettering, UK
- Email: Ollie Chandler
- Phone: +44 (0) 1536 410000