Intensive leather courses
Monday 27th March 2017 to Tuesday 28th March 2017
SATRA is a leading authority on leather research and development and has unrivalled experience in international legislation, testing, arbitration and training to bring leather products to market interritories across the world. SATRA is recognised and respected for its technical expertise throughout the leather global supply chain.
Leather Wise provides problem solving, arbitration and training on all aspects of leather and leather products.
The course is aimed at manufacturers, sourcing companies and retailers of all types of footwear, leathergoods, gloving, garments, accessories and upholstery. It is ideal for newly appointed, as well as more experienced, technologists and buyers.
Day 1: Understanding, making and using leather:
• Where does it all begin - sourcing from farm to tanner?
• Why do we inherit problems?
• Why do we make leather from cowhide and other animals?
• Introduction to leathermaking process
Day 2: Selection and use of leather:
• Selection, grading and measurement
• Fitness for purpose - introducing the use of specifications
• Chemical testing and environmental issues
• Physical testing and colour fastness
Leather Wise and SATRA staff will be available on both days for combined discussions and questions. Each delegate will receive course material and a leather identification kit to take away.
- Location: Dongguan, China
- Price: Members RMB 7300
Non-members RMB 8000
- Email: Liam Donnelly
- Phone: +44 (0) 1536 410000