Lasts, Fitting and Comfort
Thursday 7th December 2017 to Friday 8th December 2017
YOU ARE VIEWING AN EVENT THAT HAS ALREADY TAKEN PLACE
This event is available to SATRA members only
A two day technical workshop on footwear fitting. The workshop will be open to members only and attendees will receive an attendance certificate if required.
From the customers’ perspective, Fit and Comfort, are the most important factors influencing their buying decisions. If the manufacturer gets these essential requirements right it will reduce returns, lead to repeat sales and develop brand loyalty. Fit and comfort are very subjective, depending on individuals’ foot shape and personal preferences, and thus difficult to measure. This workshop, however, will show how fitting properties can be assessed in practice and how different comfort attributes of footwear can be quantified in laboratory tests.
- Foot anatomy, shape and size
- How the foot functions in walking
- UK, USA, Euro, Mondopoint shoe sizing systems
- Last development
- Fit and Last assessment
- Measuring comfort factors such as shock absorption, flexibility and sweat management; Measuring whole shoe comfort
- Location: SATRA China Office, Nancheng, Dongguan
- Email: Liam Donnelly
- Phone: +86 (0) 769 22888020
- Sector: Footwear