Oven Glove Regulation Seminar
Wednesday 23rd January 2019
On March 31 2016 the European Commission published new Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) legislation as Regulation (EU) 2016/425. This includes in its scope oven gloves for domestic use and requires that they are submitted to a type examination and certification procedure by a Notified Body.
If you manufacture or supply oven gloves, our seminar will prove useful to you. We will be covering various aspects of the new PPE Regulation, looking at the performance requirements of the relevant European standards and also what needs to be included on labels and user information.
In order to continue placing oven gloves on the market, manufacturers will now have to meet the requirements of the new PPE Regulation and it will be illegal to place new products on the market that are not compliant with the new PPE Regulation from April 21 2019.
- Explanation of new PPE Regulation (2016/425) and prEN 407:2018
- New obligations and timescales
- Testing standards: prEN407:2018, EN420:2003+A1:2009 and EN388:2016 (including chemical innocuousness)
- Chemical safety testing
- CE Marking requirements
- Tours of testing laboratories focusing on Contact Heat
- Location: Kettering, UK
- Price: Members GBP 40 (plus VAT where applicable)
Non-members GBP 50 (plus VAT where applicable)
- Email: Hannah Coe
- Phone: +44 (0) 1536 410000
- Sector: PPE