Lasts, fitting and comfort
Thursday 22nd November 2018 to Friday 23rd November 2018
This event is available to SATRA members only
A two day technical workshop on footwear fitting. The workshop will be open to members only and attendees will receive an attendance certificate if required.
From the customer's perspective, fit and comfort are the most important factors influencing his or her buying decision. If the manufacturer gets these essential requirements right it will reduce returns, lead to repeat sales and develop brand loyalty. Fit and comfort are very subjective, depending on the individual's foot shape and personal preferences, and thus difficult to measure. This workshop will show how fitting properties can be assessed in practice and how different comfort attributes of footwear can be quantified in laboratory tests.
- Foot anatomy, shape and size
- UK, USA, Euro, Mondopoint shoe sizing systems
- How the foot functions in walking
- Fit and Last assessment
- Measuring comfort factors such as shock absorption, flexibility and sweat management
- Measuring whole shoe comfort
- Location: Dongguan, China
- Price: Members RMB 5995
- Email: SATRA China Office
- Phone: +44 (0) 1536 410000
- Sector: Footwear