SAFT USA 2019
Thursday 3rd October 2019 to Friday 18th October 2019
This event is available to SATRA members only
SATRA Technology will be holding the SAFT (SATRA Accredited Footwear Technologist) training course between the 3rd-18th October at the Ayres Hotel & Suites, Costa Mesa, California.
SATRA’s SAFT training course is the most comprehensive and up-to-date of its kind and is an internationally recognised qualification within the footwear industry.
The information it contains is divided into six key areas of footwear manufacture: Lasts, fitting and comfort; Materials and constructions; Laboratory testing procedures; Product design and lean manufacturing; Risk assessment and quality assurance and Industrial footwear.
Each module is led by a SATRA specialist and covered in detail over a two-day intensive training period, which includes comprehensive documentation to support the lecture and practical sessions.
There is a variable cost per module, depending on how many modules are attended.
Successful modern manufacturing processes rely on accurate and practical information, and the ability of staff members to understand and apply such information. In a global and competitive marketplace, knowledge and skills are increasingly important so SATRA has designed this training course for technologists involved in any aspect of footwear production. Once the course is complete, attendees have the opportunity to take optional written examinations to receive SATRA SAFT accreditation.
Places on the course are limited so please express your interest as early as possible to avoid disappointment. The cut off date for accepting bookings is 30th August 2019. Please see the attached document for further information, syllabus, course fees and booking details.
- Module 1 - Lasts, Fitting and Comfort 17th & 18th October
- Module 2.1 - Materials 11th October
- Module 2.2 - Constructions 14th October
- Module 3 - Testing 9th & 10th October
- Module 4.1 - Product Design 15th October
- Module 4.2 - Lean Manufacturing 16th October
- Module 5 - Risk Assessment and Quality Assurance 7th & 8th October
- Module 6 - Industrial Footwear 3rd & 4th October
- Location: Ayres Hotel & Suites, Costa Mesa, CA, USA
- Email: James Corton
- Phone: +44 (0) 1536 410000
- Sector: Footwear