SATRA remains open during the coronavirus COVID-19 pandemic and has organised additional online resources and a special webinar programme
Overview of Sole Adhesion
Thursday 25th July 2019
YOU ARE VIEWING AN EVENT THAT HAS ALREADY TAKEN PLACE
This event is available to SATRA members only
Little or no previous knowledge of sole adhesion is required for this one day course. Delegates are introduced to simple bonding theory and learn about the main sole bonding adhesives and the adhesion process including essential material preparation.
This leads into examination of test methods for pre-production bond testing in the laboratory and proving-testing of finished shoes. Tests are demonstrated with some hands-on involvement where practicable.
Finally, additional methods are considered such as for green strength, heat resistance and ageing resistance. Lunch and morning/afternoon refreshment is provided. Full supporting notes will be provided.
Numbers will be limited so that delegates benefit fully from the practical sessions. Priority and a discount will be given to those also booking the associated ‘Overview of Solings’ day.
- Bonding theory, adhesive types in shoemaking, material preparation for sole bonding
- Introduction to test methods (assembling and peeling laboratory bonds, peeling bond sections cut from finished footwear)
- Practical session - preparing sole bonds in the laboratory
- Laboratory demonstrations
- Testing review and introduction to additional methods