Children's furniture seminar
Thursday 28th November 2019
On the 28th November, SATRA will be holding a new seminar to discuss relevant requirements and appropriate testing for children’s furniture.
Although there are few specific legal requirements for children’s furniture, due to the vulnerability and low risk perception in young children, using requirements from the Toy Safety Directive (2009/48/EC) and general industry standards are important as part of helping to demonstrate compliance with general product safety.
Several speakers will present sessions on a variety of informative topics including toy safety standards, the restricted substances requirements in REACH (Regulation (EC) No 1907/2006) and the performance requirements for cot mattresses specified in EN 16890:2017.
The seminar includes a complimentary buffet lunch and will include testing demonstrations during part of the afternoon. Delegate numbers are limited to a maximum of 25, so please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve your place on this new seminar.
- General product safety for children's furniture
- Industry standards for children's furniture
- Toy safety standards and testing demonstrations
- EN 71-9 and REACH summary
- Cot mattress performance requirements
- Children's furniture testing demonstrations
- Location: Kettering, UK
- Price: Members GBP 150 (plus VAT where applicable)
Non-members GBP 200 (plus VAT where applicable)
- Email: Andrew Munns
- Phone: +44 (0) 1536 410000
- Sector: Furniture