Lasts, Fitting and Comfort
Thursday 25th July 2019 to Friday 26th July 2019
This event is available to SATRA members only
A two day technical workshop on footwear fitting. The workshop will be open to members only and attendees will receive an attendance certificate if required.
From the customer’s perspective, fit and comfort are important factors influencing his or her buying decision. If the manufacturer gets these essential requirements right it will help to reduce returns, lead to repeat sales and develop brand loyalty.
Fit and comfort are very subjective, depending on the individual’s foot shape and personal preferences, and thus difficult to measure. This workshop will show how fitting properties can be assessed in practice and how different comfort attributes of footwear can be quantified in laboratory tests.
- Foot anatomy, shape and size
- UK, USA, Euro and Mondopoint shoe sizing systems
- How the foot functions in walking
- Fit and Last assessment
- Measuring comfort factors such as shock absorption, flexibility and sweat management
- Measuring whole shoe comfort
- Location: Dongguan, China
- Price: Members RMB 6480
- Email: Cici Chen
- Phone: +86 (0) 769 22888020
- Sector: Footwear