Overview of Sole Adhesion
Thursday 23rd April 2020
This event is postponed due to COVID-19
For more details of our preparations click here.
For advice contact the event organiser or log in to the Members Area to explore our vast library of technical articles.
This event is available to SATRA members only
Little or no previous knowledge of sole adhesion is required for this one day course. Delegates are introduced to simple bonding theory and learn about the main sole bonding adhesives and the adhesion process including essential material preparation.
This leads into examination of test methods for pre-production bond testing in the laboratory and proving-testing of finished shoes. Tests are demonstrated with some hands-on involvement where practicable.
Finally, additional methods are considered such as for green strength, heat resistance and ageing resistance. Lunch and morning/afternoon refreshment is provided. Full supporting notes will be provided.
Numbers will be limited so that delegates benefit fully from the practical sessions. Priority and a discount will be given to those also booking the associated ‘Overview of Solings’ day.
- Bonding theory, adhesive types in shoemaking, material preparation for sole bonding
- Introduction to test methods (assembling and peeling laboratory bonds, peeling bond sections cut from finished footwear)
- Practical session - preparing sole bonds in the laboratory
- Laboratory demonstrations
- Testing review and introduction to additional methods
- Location: Kettering, UK
- Price: Members GBP 450 (plus VAT where applicable)
- Email: Mark Southam
- Phone: +44 (0) 1536 410000
- Sector: Footwear