Overview of Solings
Wednesday 22nd April 2020
This event is postponed due to COVID-19
For more details of our preparations click here.
For advice contact the event organiser or log in to the Members Area to explore our vast library of technical articles.
This event is available to SATRA members only
Little or no previous knowledge of sole materials is required for this one day course. Delegates are introduced to the main sole materials in use today and learn how they are formed and best used to their various strengths. Heels and top-pieces (top-lifts) are included.
The most important test methods are described and demonstrated, and additional test methods are briefly described. Finally, functional sole design is considered, paying heed to both the hidden footside and external tread.
Lunch and morning/afternoon refreshment is provided. Full supporting notes will be provided.
Numbers will be limited so that delegates benefit fully from the practical sessions. Priority and a discount will be given to those also booking the associated ‘Overview of Sole Adhesion’ day.
- Solings types - materials and their properties, basic production methods
- Bottom stock - heels and top pieces
- Introduction to principal test methods
- Laboratory test demonstrations; slip resistance, hardness, abrasion, flexing, tensile strength and density
- Testing review and introduction to additional methods
- Sole design - coring and tread pattern
- Location: Kettering, UK
- Price: Members GBP 450 (plus VAT where applicable)
- Email: Mark Southam
- Phone: +44 (0) 1536 410000
- Sector: Footwear