Motorcycle PPE Seminar
Tuesday 19th May 2020
Find out more about the European standards we can test to by joining our seminar on 19th May.
Motorcycle clothing placed on the European Market which is designed to provide protection to the wearer against injury during an accident has to comply to FprEN 17092:2019. Whilst FprEN 17092:2019 has not yet been harmonised, we are able to carry out testing to this standard.
SATRA has expanded its capability to test protective clothing for motorcycle riders by investing in a new machine to establish impact abrasion resistance working to the Darmstadt method. This method is mandatory in draft standard FprEN 17092:2019 which is expected to be published later in 2020.
SATRA also operates a Cambridge machine which produces a more severe test than the Darmstadt and, therefore, is often used by brands and suppliers for the research and development of motorcycle protective clothing. With both machines, SATRA is well-equipped to serve every need of those wanting to bring modern motorcycle PPE to market.
- EN 621 - Impact Protectors
- EN 13634:2015 - Safety Footwear
- EN 13594:2015 - Motorcycle Gloves
- EN 14021:2003 - Stone Shields
- EN 13595:2002 - Jackets, Trousers and Suits
- FprEN 17092:2019 - Protective Clothing
- Innocuous testing
- Tour of SATRA's testing laboratories and testing demonstrations